As a school, we believe online safety is a crucial area of a child's education and we are committed to raising awareness and educating children in this area. Online safety is taught in every year group across the school and parental involvement is strongly encouraged. We hold information events to help parents become more knowledgeable when supporting their children using the internet at home. Below is a link to the latest presentation as well as other links for advice.
If your child has access to a tablet, mobile phone, i pod, X box etc it is essential that you monitor its use. Children sometimes use chat rooms, social networks and texting inappropriately and you need to support your child to enjoy safe and happy use of these types of communication.
During the teaching of on line safety we use particular websites to support the children's learning and parents may be interested in looking at these (see below). These include some excellent videos and games. We also carry out surveys and questionnaires with the children to see how much they have learnt about E safety.
You may wish to have a look at the following websites which gives advice and tips for children, adults and professionals on how to keep safe online:
The school also has it own set of on line safety rules and separate on line safety policy:
Key Stage 1 Rules
- I will take care of the school computers
- I will only use the internet when I have been given permission by an adult
- I will tell an adult if I see something on the internet that upsets me.
- I will not tell other people my personal things about me.
- I will always be polite and friendly when I write messages on the internet
Key Stage 2 Rules
These rules will help to keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will only use the school’s computers for schoolwork and homework
- I will not tell anyone my login and password
- I will only login to the school systems as myself
- I will only edit or delete my own files
- I am aware that some websites and social networks have age restrictions which mean that I should not go on them
- I will only visit internet sites that are appropriate for my age
- I will only communicate with people I know, or that a responsible adult has approved
- I will only send polite and friendly messages
- I will not open an attachment, or download a file, unless I have been given permission by an adult
- I will not tell anyone my home address, phone number, send a photograph or video, or give any other personal information that could be used to identify me, my family or my friends, unless a trusted adult has given permission.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will show a responsible adult.