There are 12 children from years 1-6 who form our School Council. Each child gave a speech to their peers about why they would be the best candidate for the role of school council representative. After all of their ideas were considered, each class voted for their top two candidates.
All the children showed an interest in sharing and expressing their ideas and opinions with the rest of the school. It is their responsibility to discuss important matters about the school and the Council meets every other week. Following the meetings, the minutes are taken into classes and all children will have their say.
The School Council has been involved in:
- developing the Teaching and Learning Policy;
- organising and sharing ideas for the school's 125th anniversary;
- generating ideas on how to promote reading;
- organising fundraising activities and ideas e.g. Children in Need, Comic Relief;
- improving the school equipment e.g. choosing a pirate ship for the playground;
- reviewing rewards in school e.g. children who have been awarded Star of the Week eat at The Golden Table with a member of staff on a Friday.
The School Council representatives for this year are:
Year 1: Emme and DJ
Year 2: Carter and Albert
Year 3: Freddie and Layla-Belle
Year 4: Summer and Eddie
Year 5: Lacey and Connor
Year 6: Ethan and Daisy
The school council has also produced an Anti Bullying Leaflet for the children and parents of Kingswood. This followed some anti bullying themed days in school.